The aim of Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is the treatment of cystic or tumoral pathologies that develop in soft mouth (cheek, palate, tongue, lips, muscles etc.) and hard tissues (teeth, bones) in the mouth, treatment of teeth and jaw fractures, removal or maintenance of persisted or buried teeth, (apical resection), jaw joint disorders and diseases of the dental origin of bone lesions. One of the basic services provided in our clinic is dental implant surgery. Implantation and prosthetics can be made possible by bone grafting (bone grafts, distraction osteogenesis) in patients who cannot be implanted because of insufficient bone quality. In addition, many major and complicated surgical procedures, including tooth extraction and surgical procedures of children, highly anxious or disabled patients under sedation and general anesthesia, can be performed together with the preparation of the current physical conditions.
Surgical procedures applied in our clinic are as follows:
• Removal or maintenance of implanted teeth
• Shot of complicated and sustained teeth
• Treatment of odontogenic infections
• Dental implant surgery
• Cyst-tumor removal
• Jaw joint treatment and surgeon
• Salivary gland diseases and surgery
• Diagnosis and treatment of jaw facial pain
• Diagnosis and treatment of oral diseases
• Augmentation and reconstruction operations
• Treatment of fractures in the jaw and face area
• Treatment of intra-osseous lesions of the tooth origin (Apical Resection)
• Correction of soft and hard tissues before prosthesis construction
Our department is continuing education and clinical activities with 2 Assistant Professors. The education and training activities of this department are theoretically started in the 3rd grade and the 4th and 5th class students are practicing clinical internship programs.